Sunday, April 13, 2014

"El Evangelio no es una carga, sino las alas para voler."

AYEEE ESTA SEMANA! 

"The Gospel is not a weight, it's wings!"
- Sister Stevenson- President of the Primary...right? haha

CONFERENCE EVERYONE! CONFERENCE WAS SO GREAT! WOWOWOW 

It is so cool to know that the Prophet, Apostles and other leaders have prayed and fasted for such a long time to know what God would have them say to His children around the world! 

I loved that President Monson talked a lot about how tons of people say they love God, but if we really love him, we ought to love His children as well. Love yo neighbor! 

Other quotes (sorry if they're inaccurate, we were watching in Spanish) haha:

"The Internet is good but is also full of trash.. and we don't play in the garbage." 

"Gratitude is the daddy of all Christ-like attributes." (I'm pretty sure I mis-heard this one...) haha

"Keeping divine commandments brings blessings EVERY TIME; just as breaking divine commandments brings problems... EVERY TIME." I love this because sometimes the consequences of our actions aren't evident immediately. 

Gosh gosh gosh. So many great things! 

This week we taught Diego and the ninos La Palabra de Sabiduria - the Word of Wisdom (AKA the health code that God gave to the prophet Joseph Smith to bless the lives of the members of Christ's Church.) It was hilarious. Everyone drew their favorite food and then we talked about the 5 things we don't eat or drink: Tabacoo, Alcohol, Illegal drugs, Coffee, and Tea. Then we flipped all the papers upside down and one by one flipped them over and the kids had to decided if it goes on the "Si (as in yes)" side of the white board o "No, no debemos tomar.." Diego was laughing like a little girl at the different things his kids drew. He started drinking coffee because his brother does.. but he's like I DON'T EVEN LIKE IT! haha queee bueno! He dropped his baptism date and they weren't able to come to conference but I know they'll get there :) I just hope I'm still here...

La Familia Ortiz came to conference!!!! They are progressing really well! They have had a serious health issue come up in the family. Margarita, the mom, is going through some really tough stuff, and we just kept promising her that if she came to conference she would feel peace and find answers. They came and LOVED it. Espeically Elder Bednar and Elder Utchdorf about gratitude. 

I thought a lot this week about what it says in PMG under "A successful missionary" That "No effort is wasted." sometimes I feel that way.. like if I'm doing my best and preparing really well... then why do we sometimes not get to use what we prepared? Well...

Hna Cuesta and I love the scripture in the Book of Mormon that says : 1 Nefi 11:17 - I do not know the meaning of all things, but I know God loveth His children. 

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Nefi... God's got it under control :) I've also learned a lot about our Savior's sacrifice. When Christ died for us, He suffered for our sins.. so the redemptive power of the atonement, but also overcame things so that we can find strength in Him... the enabling power. I know that there is no way missionaries could do what they do without being able to call on the Savior to offer just a little more strength.. just a little more "you can do it..and I'll help you." 

I know this Church is the only true church on the Earth today. I know that because I know that Jesus Christ himself leads and guides the church through a living prophet. I love President Monson and i know he is not perfect but that he is chosen by God to do what he does. 

I know God lives. I know he lives because I look into the eyes of His children every day and I feel of the love He has for them. an indescribable and undeniable feeling that just... is. 

Les amo con todo mi corazon,


Hermana Skdimore