Thursday, August 28, 2014

Siga nadando!

Just keep swimming! - what coach Arv used to tell me in the pool haha. 

GUESSS WHATTTTTTT!?!?!?! 

On Saturday I was able to take the trek 2 hours with the help of Hermana Griffith and Sister Cody Mariott (english member!) TO TRACY!!!! AHHH!!!!!!

Remember the pictures of us and the Gomez family? and Suegro (father in law)? The old man and I that hit it off like besties from the first time we met? 

HE GOT BAPTIZED AND SO DID J.J ARIAS (13 year old that I taught while in Tracy!) Gordo Gomez, 18 year old of the Gomez family, got to baptize his Grandpa (Suegro!) and J.J's Dad, Juan (Recent Convert) got to baptize J.J.!

ahhhhhh. pure joy. TONS of missionaries were there, including my sweet Hermana Cuesta!

Tender mercy. Hermana Griffith and I had smiles plastered on our faces for HOURS. It was amazing to see that all the sweating, awkward conversations, being chased by wild ducks, and faith, came to fruition. I love being a missionary.

Watch this :) Get chills. 


This guy reminds me of Cameron! The beard.. everyone with a beard reminds me of Cameorn haha. BTW - LET"S TALK ABOUT THE CINIEMATIC ELEMENTS LIKE WOW.

This week I've been thinking a lot about what it is that makes us want to change.. what is it that really changes people? We had Mission Leadership Council and talked a lot about the Spirit and the effects of loving missionary work, no matter what! 

President always asks 3 questions:
What have you learned?
What have you felt?
And what are you going to do about it?

This is.. in essence I guess what makes us all want to change.. we feel something different. The feeling, a feeling send directly from God through the Holy Spirit, inevitable propels individuals closer to our Father in Heaven. Closer to not just knowing change is necessary, but wanting the necessary changes, desiring to become better. I love missionary work because we are called of God to ask His children, our brothers and sister, super personal questions... and it's not weird.. those are the questions that help them to realize that they do not have to experience life the way they've been told. That God has a plan for them. you. me. the next person you see walk by. the person waiting at the gas pump on Mur-Len and 159th. (is that still right? haha)  even them. I know He lives. I know God lives and I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives. 

Funny stuff this week: 
 - Angeles called Mom hahahaahaha
- Elder Graham found out you can call and text at the same time.. hahaha
- "Gateando" means crawling.. not cat-fighting.. don't make that mistake.. haha

Les quiero con todo mi corazon,

Hermana Skidmore