Thursday, August 28, 2014

bien hecho, muchachito!

well done, little guy!

WOWOW this week was so great! my brain is like empty because I've been dumping it all into my journal but I wanted to write a little something and then send pics!

Zone conference;

It's official, our district is a family. We sit together, eat together and we talked about colonosokpies (sp? haha) together. nice :) 

It was amazing! 

President said something that really hit me:

"On the my difficult day of His life, Christ said 'Not my will but Thine be done.'" 

For some reason.. this had never occured to me.. that when Jesus was suffering in the Garden.. that was essentially the beginning of the hardest days of His life.. I reflected a lot on my quote on quote "hardest days" and considered if I did the same.. did I submit to what God wanted? or was I angry and impatient? Sad to admit probably the latter. haha. but we're human. And we're here to learn and grow :) 

So that's what I've learned this week! Even when we're going through tought stuff, there is someone that needs our help, that is going through something even more tough. I love the quote by the Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley:


The best antidote for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is to help someone even more tired.

I'm so grateful for this Gospel, and the opportunity I have to serve! I love the people. I love tracting, I love updating the area book, I love being awkward on a bike. I love it. I love being a missionary and I only get to do it once. It's all in :) 

Shout out to Hermana Pitcher! 

Hermano Salinas was at soccer this week with a nice beared (he kind of resembeled Cameron.. but then again everyone with a beard reminds me of Cameron haha) and what did I sing to him?

Shout out to Hermana Thomas!

MI BARBA TIENE 3 PELOS - 3 PELOS TIENE MI BARBA! SI NO TUVIERA 3 PELOS, PUES NO SERIA MI BARBA!

it. was. epic. barbershop style haha.

Ok pictures to come! 

Les quiero hasta la luna y de regreso,


Hermana Skidmore