Sunday, December 22, 2013

Meet the Robinsons!

First things first - WE ARE HAVING A WHITE CHRISTMAS! 

We had this RAD ROCKIN miracle and one of our investigators, Reyna (she has a crazy home life and all her kids live with her and don't do anything and life has just kind of beat her up BUT things are turning around!) I haven't talked about her much because we haven't been able to see her as much as we want but she accepted the date to be baptized (or baptizezed as she says haha) on DECEMBER 31ST to start her year fresh. BAHHHH it was so amazingg!!! This weeek was so great ahhhhhh. 

Second things second...

I'm getting transferred... President called me last night...

"Sister Skidmore, we would like to extend you a call to serve in the Tracy area. You will be the Senior companion with Hna Griffith (she was in my MTC district!) and you will have the entire area of Tracy (it was 2 areas but they're combining it). After this transfer, we will split the area again and you and Hna Griffith will both be training. I have great confidence in you to work hard to build this area. Will you accept the call?"

LIKE WHAT!?!?!!?!!?!?!!?!!? 

I said:

"Yes President. Thank you. But I have one question.. Who is going to tell Sister Schow? You or me?" 

He laughed... "I'll leave that to you." 

I hung up the phone and CRIED like a baby. We hadn't had a chance to eat so Hna Clonts was eating the dinner the Delgado family gave us to take with us and I'm crying and she's like.. "Hey sorry to ruin the moment but will you hand me a napkin? my face is burning... (lots of chile)." hahahahaha I love her. 

I'll be living with another member family! The Robinsons! AYAYAYA a family for Christmas! #tendermercy 

It'll be okay. I'm really sad to leave East Sac. This week has been full of miracles and there is no doubt in my mind that I will be coming back for lots of baptisms. 

Sister Schow has been really upset all morning.. She said "Tell your family that I'm more sad about you leaving than you are about leaving." AHHHH :( I made her breakfast this morning. It's become kind of our tradition when big things happen. I love that woman. I can't wait to bring you back to meet her. 

I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I have so much to tell you but ahhhhhh it's just so crazyyyy I have to pack!? WHAT!? 

Fun Facts from this week:

Hermano Delgado PRAYED. The whole family knelt and he said family prayer. One of my favorite experiences so far. Definetely coming back for their baptisms. ahhh I love them it's so hard to go ahhhh.. :( 

Some spanish people paint their walls Red and green in their house for Christmas. Go big or go home right?

Met a little girl named Metzlie. like that name mom? it's like mayan or something?

We are teaching a woman who is from Romania that speaks spanish because she learned spanish form watching novellas (soap operas) IT IS THE COOLEST THING! we teach her in spanish, she translates to her husband in romanian and he responds to us in broken english. Also their daughter stuck her hands down her pants and then touched my face with her poop hands... hahahaha Whatcha gonna do?

Steve - Sister Schow's neighbor who's wife passed away - is gettting baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! He invited me:) I wonder if I'll be allowed to come back for it...

We were tracting and I met a girl that just graduated from UCLA with a degree in cognative science. I talked to her about it for a good amount of time and I think it's something I'd like to do. FO REALZ THIS TIME GUYS! haha. Does BYU offer that?

There's a guy named Dancing Dan that is always on the corner of Watt and Marconi when we go out to work each day. He wears a batman suit and asks for money but he's still super cool!

We randomly knocked on this house and it was a Spanish family. I felt prompted to ask if we could say a kneeling prayer with their family before we left (They weren't super interested). The father said yes, we prayed for each person by name. and then after the prayer, their 20 year old daughter Estephania asked if we have any youth programs, we told her about the Young Single Adult ward. We told our Zone Leaders about her (the YSA missionaries) and she has a date to be baptized in JANUARY! AHHHHH MILARGRO! 

I guess I just want to tell you how grateful I am to be a missionary in the California Sacramento Mission. This is what I've waited for for a very long time. No one could have told me how hard it would be; just as much, no one could have told me how great it would be either. I am the happiest I have ever been. And it's not like a short term... carnival ride, adrenaline rush- happy. It is heart swelling, smiling from ear to ear, I feel so full of gratitude I'm going to explode - kind of happy. 

I have loved my first area of East Sac for the past 7 months. I could not have asked for a better experience with which to start my mission. This past transfer has been the most fun, the most spiritual and most rewarding transfer yet. Our zone is so unified, so supportive and SO FUNNY. These people will be my friends for life. My companion Hermana Clonts, will be one of my best friends for life. She is an obedient, dedicated, and loving missionary. She follows the Spirit and I know that that is why we have seen the success that we have. She thinks about our investigators all day every day, prays for them, and we have seen miracles as we have taught specifically to their needs. AND SHE IS HILARIOUS.

I love this Gospel. I love my Savior and I know he lives. There is no doubt in my mind that every encounter is for a purpose and that as we follow the Lord's game plan, we will know success. 

Here we go on the next great adventura.

Les quiero siempre.


Hermana Skidmore