Sunday, November 10, 2013

Transfurz

Hola hola!

I don't have much time! Always seems like there's so much to do and not enough time to do it!

TRANSFERS:

Hermana Romero is headed home! She's different than anyone I've ever met... We didn't speak about her going home. AT ALL. I wasn't allowed to say anything about it. It's been a quieter transfer, much different from Hna Thomas but I've learned so much from Hna Romero. She's grown a lot on her mission and I feel like she knows EVERYTHING about the Gospel! haha. 

I AM STAYING IN EAST SAC! Del Norte North Area (: 

They surprised Sister Schow and told her they're putting a trio (3 missionaries) in her house.. Me, Hermana Clonts, and Hermana Arndston (visa waiter). Sister Schow kinda freaked.. she's having hand surgery and doesn't want to move a bunch of stuff around to accomidate 3. So we'll see what happens there! I'm excited to serve with Hna Clonts. She's really fun! I go back to riding passenger seat :( haha errbody thought I was going to train but I'm one of the youngest missionaries still so.. not yet! But I know I still have a lot to learn before I'm trusted enough to train. I'm looking forward to really working hard to find new people to teach, we're basically starting from the ground up. I feel like we're on the brink of something big.

The rest of our district.. the Elders I've come to know and Love.. are BOTH leaving.. I'm so sad.. and Hermana Hansen is headed to South Sac. Hermana Cardullo is training! It's bitter sweet... I feel so blessed to have had all of them as my first district. 

Halloween was fun! I was the only one who carved a pumpkin.. with a steak knife from the church's kitchen, HOLLER! haha. We watched that new movie "Ephraim's Rescue" and as I was reading the end credit things that like tell you what happened to each person ( I was reading them out loud because some people were too far away to read it) and i started CRYING! OH MY GOSH i"M A BABY! WHAT"S WRONG WITH ME!? 

Just got a soft spot for mis antepasados.

Hermana Romero and I dressed up as Sister schow for Halloween (: I'll send pictures. And I made her Ghost toast (toast shaped like a ghost) for breakfast haha. 

As far as investigators go.. yeah we're really just going to hit the ground running trying to find those people who are waiting. I know they're out there and I feel a great sense of urgency to find them. The mission has a goal of 101 baptisms for Decmeber! Woah! We're calling it "White Christmas!" 

I love you all so much and I love this work!

Siempre,

Hermana Skidmore