Sunday, November 17, 2013

Habla Español?

Hola familia! 

Ahhhhhhhh I have great news! I CAN SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!! AND I CAN UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH LIKE ALMOST EVERYTHING!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH 

Here's how it went down:

We had transfers. I love my new companion Hermana Clonts! Serioulsy. She's so fun and someone that I feel like I would have been friends with before the mission! She's been out for 8 months and she's from AZ and she went to BYU before her mission so we may or may not have seen each other before... trippy.

Anyways, it was up to me to plan our days and help her get to know our investigators so I have been pretty stressed and praying a lot.. I just feel like I have a lot of responsibility because I've been in this area for so long. I quickly realized that we will be helping each other grow a lot this transfer.. this is the first time Hna Clonts will be a senior companion so it's just kind of a weird transition I guess. We've been talking about it a lot.. like how we're going to teach in unity and things like that. 

The miracle though: as soon as we went out to work together for the first time, I could understand everything people were saying. just like BAM. I got it. I get it. I can do this. I could understand and respond really fast. There is no doubt in my mind that it was the Lord helping me out. I guess it's because I knew I HAD to be able to understand. sorry if this is a little confusing.. it's been a long week haha.

I also translated in sacrament meeting! I'm the youngest missionary besides the trainees who just got here...it went well i think! The bishops wife is the only one who listens so I basically just gave my own talk peppered with jokes about how I can't understand the speaker because he's mumbling haha Sister Woodland (bishops wife) is a good sport (: 

Enough about me though! Update on the area and investigators!

Another fun fact about the first time Hna Clonts and I went out to work, EVERYONE WAS SO NICE! Like sunshine and butterflies all around. We also found some super solid potentials. People that we will be going to visit this week and hopefully start teaching. The whole day I just felt like "okay, this is our time. this is our transfer to thrive." We both haven't been a senior companion and we both have the same goals to follow the promptings of the Spirit and completely relying on the Lord to help us. 

Investigators... well.. haha... we basically are starting from the ground up. This area is relatively new so I'm excited to go out and find those apartment complexes that we haven't been to yet and get some good potentials for the next missionaries that come! 

Roxana! (sister of Recent convert, Ana) we gave her the baptism date of Nov 22nd. So she is praying to know if that's her day!!!! She is going to be an incredible member of the Church. 

Sister Schow!

She had her hand surgery this week and OH MY GOSH IT WAS HILARIOUS! She's been SUUUPER drugged up and she is histarical! She wakes up and she's all smiling like "BOY I'VE NEVER HAD SUCH A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!" Then she made some jokes about how she can't put her bra on because of the bandage on her hand.. I don't think she'd want me to tell you exactly what she said.. hahaha

I'm so incredibly grateful for that woman. 

I love this Gospel. I know it's true and I love the opportunity I have to share it with the world. It's amazing to me that it takes an hour or a day for everything to change. At any time we could meet someone, share gospel with them and answer the questions they've had their entire life. I pray each day for the people we will meet. That they will recognize us as representatives of Jesus Christ and that we will recognize them as the ones that have been waiting for our message. GOSH I KNOW THEY'RE OUT THERE! 

Alma 29:9 

Les quiero muchisimo! Don't forget to pray :) 

Hermana Skidmore