Sunday, December 7, 2014

mission accomplished...?

Hola!
The final email to the Skid Squad from Hermana Skidmore..... BUM BUM BUM...
-

I could not have asked for a better week to finish out my service as a full time missionary!!!

GUESS WHAT!?

Hermana Cuesta is coming up to follow up train Hermana Sheffer! YAYAYAYA my babies together! :) you'll get to meet them both! Hermana Hurley is the new Sister Training Leader and she is staying with Hermana Porter. and me.....

I don't know how to feel... I'm basically numb inside.. haha that's reassuring, right!? Like is it really almost over? 

This week we had our ward Thanksgiving party and it was a hit!!!!! I love the spanish people so much. I adore this ward. I love being a missionary. I can't wait to see you all dance with all of them:) hahah 

Bxxxxx is doing great! We are going with her tonight to visit her daughter, it's been a rough road for them so it's a big step for her to be reaching out to her instead of turning her back. She is truly feeling the Spirit of Christ and changing. You will get to meet her, too :) 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the goals I made for me as a missionary was to experience indescribable joy....

It's funny because now I find it really hard to describe how I'm feeling.. I AM SO HAPPY! (between the sperts of denial and numbness :)) hahah 

I know that God lives and loves us because he allowed me to be a missionary. I know that He lives because He placed all of these amazing people in my life. I know that prayer is a privilege that we have to communicate with the greatest being in all the universe whenever we want because he is literally our Father. I know that He's listening because when I take the time to wait after the "Amen." I can feel it. and when I rise from my knees, I know without a doubt that everything is going to be okay.

On my mission I've learned that life is about JOY! That's my fav word in Spanish "GOZO!" but we have to make that decision ourselves. I know that obedience and repentance are the keys to happiness. That you can't help but smile when you have felt the forgiveness of God, and His angels cheering you on.... helping you to become a better person, every. single. day. 

It has been such a privilege to go out into the hardcore streets of Sacramento every day, approach total strangers and ask them about.... not just another important thing we should be aware of but rather THE most important thing in eternity - Our Savior Jesus Christ. To look them in the eyeballs, heart to heart, face to face and know that when I say "I promise you, everything is going to be okay." I'm not lying. Our Savior suffered for us, so that through obedience and trying our best, we can be found worthy to make it back to our Father in Heaven. IMAGINE THE JOY THEN! haha See Enos 1;27 in the Book of Mormon. Baptism is the door to returning to that celestial happiness. That has been my focus for the last 18 months. "You're gonna make it! and we're going to help you!" There is so much to be happy about!

The Atonement has been performed, we never have to go it alone. I know because I have felt His strength and guidance, not only the last 18 months, but my entire life... I knew that when I prayed when I was 6 to find that fish book that I'd lost, I knew I would find it. He's just waiting for us to ask for His help :)  

Serious shout out to all of you for your love and support. You are what makes all of this possible. 

My name is Hermana Skidmore, I'm a Mormon, I am a Spanish speaking missionary in the California Sacramento Mission, and I will never be the same :) 

Nos vemos pronto, les quiero con todo mi corazon,

Hermana Skidmore

pics from last few days :) 
our district on my/hermana gomez's last sunday! we sang in sacrament meeting and we coordinated, red/white/gray outfits... mom would be so proud!
Displaying IMG_1592.JPG
 Las hermanas! we all live together and it's the best!
Displaying IMG_1574.JPG