Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pistol Packin' Grandma


The title of this email was the quote from Sister Schow. I asked her if she would come to my wedding. and she said if it was in KC, no. Because she hates air planes. what do they think, I'm a pistol packin grandma? hahah  

The title of this email was the quote from Sister Schow. I asked her if she would come to my wedding. and she said if it was in KC, no. Because she hates air planes. what do they think, I'm a pistol packin grandma? hahah 

So this week was kinda hard. I don't know. I need to be grateful for the miracles that happen every day. That sometimes things fall apart so that other things can fall together but I can't help but feeling like I could be doing something more.. Like it's my fault..? Hard to explain. 

PITY PARTY OVER.

Francisco was not baptized this week.. He is 60 years old and when we went to fill out his baptism paper work, He explained that he wants to talk to someone his own age about this comittment before he makes this life changing step. I totally understood. He's been interviewed and taught by people that could be his grandkids! haha. 

he did say something funny though, when we were asking him about his baptism jump suit.. he was like "make sure it's big because I don't want anyone to see my tacos.. ya know my fat rolls..?" hahah it was so funny! 

I'm sure he'll be fine after he talks to the Bishop. He has such a strong testimony and I can see him being an incredible priesthood holder and really blessing his family in the days to come. 

There is so much more I want to tell you but I need to write president. I love each of you so so much. Please know that I love being a missionary. It's an incredible opportuinity to just barely dabble in the difficuilties the Savior experienced. What an honor to wear his name over my heart every day. 

Mosiah 7:33

Les quiero muchisismo,

Hermana Skidmore




Attended my first Quincinera!!! it was insane!!! 


I made pancakes with a recent convert family. 
Some of the little kids that LOVE US!

CUTIES!