Sunday, October 13, 2013

creative title

Hola hola! 

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS FOR A SECOND!?

We can't! haha but we can email about it (: 

So inspiring. Hearing from the prophet is like WOOO YEAHHH!!! And when President Utchdorf spoke about inviting others and reactiviating people my heart was swelling with pride. WE HAVE A PLACE FOR EVERYONE! 

"doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." yeah Presidnet Utchdorf! YOU GO, SIR! 

Love it. 

I really liked Richard G. Scott also. Normally I'd be struggling to ya know.. keep myself from staring at the inside of my eyelids but during his whole talk i was mesmerized! I loved how he talked about the fathers in the Book of Mormon and how they must have felt knowing that their past choices had negatively affected their wives and children even though they'd repented and everything. It was a perspective I'd never thought of before. But  how beautiful that through the Atonement we are all forgiven and it's important not to live in the past but to learn from it!

And the talk about women! and the importance of mothers! How he described that one woman as "love personified" oh my gosh I thought I would die I loved his sentence structure and word choice so much #geekinout :) I hope that's how my kids describe me one day! 

And finally - I loved the talk that said "I sent him to you because I knew you could and would love him no matter what." about the grandmother trying to do her best to love her wayward grandson. Totes got cloudy up top during that one. It's so true. Some people are just "wont to swim in deep water" as mom and dad always say. Meaning that you are meant to go through some trials because Heavenly Father knows that others of His children need you. So cool.

I've been thinking a lot about the pre-existance.. like how we lived with God before this life.. and who we've met so far that we already were friends with up in heaven. I think about that a lot with my investigators.. like "hm.. I bet we were friends up in heaven.. and I wonder if we talked.. and you said to me "I won't have the true gospel, so come and find me. and by you serving a mission, I'll be baptized. So please come and find me." " 

That's so weird. but it's totally possible! We read the story about the kid who served in Costa Rica and found "his friend" in Zone meeting this week so that's why that's on my noggin. 

ANYWAYS!

We had 3 investigators attend a session of conference! yyayay!

Juana - so cute! Just found her this week and literally had the most incredible lesson with her. Going back and forth from the Bible to the Book of Mormon, expalining that it's a second testament of Jesus Christ and how the Bible talks about it! and Joseph Smith and how we don't worship him or anything. He was just the prophet chosen to restore God's true church to the earth and she was like OHHHH. She's a bible expert so it was really intense but she sinserely wanted to know so it was a really cool experince to see her feel the Spirit and finally find those answers she's been seeking. Like how Heavenly, Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are all separate but one in purpose. Yes. 

She prays with a scarf on her head.. so we're working with that haha but she's the sweetest! 

Maria - found her this week! and she was like.. "I've been waiting for you! I've been waiting to find my place and the true Church." I was in shock... I just kept telling her "we found you. this is your place. we found you. your search is over." 

I love being a missionary.

Gabriel and Jose- my heart is breaking.. they have had to work SO MUCH, didn't come to church, and we found out they're not ACTUALLY married. Spanish culture is funny that way "esposa/esposo" doesn't mean ACTUALLY tied the knot..and Gabriel is saying he's going back to Mexico forever in November.. so we are kind of stuck on what to do with them.. My heart hurts. They are so incredible. Such miracles! It's one of those "I feel like we were friends before this life, PLEASE don't deny the gospel I promised I would bring you.." Yeah.. so that's a struggle but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and it'll all work out, whether it's us that baptizes them or not. They won't be lost. 

Roxana - Ana Mata (recent Convert) sister came to conference and totally felt the spirit - we're giving her a baptism date this week (: 

SISTER SCHOW'S BIRTHDAY WAS ON the 3rd (: You know me. I went all out! 
We put streamers all over the kitchen and made her a smiley face out of pancakes and eggs for breakfast (: she loved and and told EVERYONE that called her that day about what we did for her. She's the greatest. She had been really sad about having to get surgery on her hand, she has MS and so her other hand doesn't really work and it's just going to be a struggle.. so her birthday was just what she needed to get her out of the slump. I'm trying to convince her to get a tape recorder and record stories about her life (like grandpa kluber!) because she NEVER kept a journal! But she's stubborn haha. 

I love you all so much! The Church is true and the work is moving forward. Heavenly Father knows each of us personally and is aware of what we need in order to grow and progress. Don't forget to pray & have the best week (: 

Siempre,

Hermana Skidmore